Thursday, July 14, 2011

Am i a mezzo-soprano or a contralto?

Okay, so my range is from Eb3-B5, i have read that some very rare contraltos go up to a Bb5, and i can go to a B5, so i'd say im a mezzo-soprano, but then how come i can go that low? My tessitura is from C#4-C#5, tessitura is where your voice sounds best. And everything below A3 or Ab3 sounds unsopported and very breathy. And anything over C#5 has to be belted to sound good, and its strained. Also a friend of mine wants to know if she's mezzo or soprano, her range is from F#3-B5, and her tessitura is from D4-D5. So am i a mezzo or a contralto? Is my friend soprano or a mezzo, too?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure u are a mezzo as your Tessitura is your middle range. U can go pretty low but as u say they are breathy and unsupported , I don't think your a contralto. I have the same range as you , but I am a contralto who can sing high(lyric contralto). I can handle most tenor songs with great ease and my low notes are really good.im pretty sure your friends a mezzo but if she prefers singing songs in a higher key and If her voice is bright and ringing she is probably a soprano.

Post a Comment